Wednesdays, July 25 and August 22, 2012
6 p.m. to 10 p.m., rain or shine
The Young Zoo Friends invite you to a 21-and-up celebration at the Saint Louis Zoo to enjoy music and wine at Jammin’ at the Zoo. This event features a variety of wine and beer for purchase.
3 Handsome Guys, Paint the Earth, Dirty Muggs, FatPocket: St. Louis’ Premier Funk Band
All 4 Nothin’, Griffin and the Gargoyles, Hot Chocolate Soul, SUPERJAM
Eats and Drinks
Wine Sampling from 6 to 8 p.m., while supplies last (only included in Tasting Package)
Sample wines from more than 50 wineries, featuring over 200 different wines.
Bars and Food
Wine by the glass and bottle, beer, soda and frozen specialty drinks will be available for purchase throughout the evening. Food will also be available to purchase during the event.
No outside alcoholic beverages will be permitted at the event. Visitors are welcome to bring their own picnic supper or baskets.
Admission & Parking
General Admission Includes admission to event, opportunity to purchase wine, beer and food, and live entertainment.
- Zoo Friends Members: Free. Park for free at the north parking lot on Government Drive, and enter through the North Entrance. Limit two general admissions per membership per Jammin’ event.
- Non-Members: $10. Park for free at the south parking lot on Wells Drive, and enter through the South Entrance.
- Join the Young Zoo Friends either night, and you and a guest will get in free
Tasting Package Admission Includes admission to event, wine tasting from 6 to 8 p.m. (while supplies last), opportunity to purchase wine, beer and food, and live entertainment.
- Zoo Friends Members: $10. Park for free at the north parking lot on Government Drive, and enter through the North Entrance.
- Non-Members: $20. Park for free at the south parking lot on Wells Drive, and enter through the South Entrance.
Purchase your tickets in advance online or by calling (314) 646-4771.
Attire is casual/dressy casual.
What to Expect at a Wine Tasting
Wine samples are given in 1-oz pours so that you can experience the aromas and flavors of the wine. These are the three most important features to evaluate:
- Sight: The color of the wine shows its freshness and clarity.
- Smell: The aromas of the wine show the wine’s characteristics of fruit, floral, herbs and minerals.
- Taste: The flavor of the wine shows its texture, weight, sweetness or alcohol content.
Proceeds Benefit the Zoo
Proceeds benefit the Saint Louis Zoo and its efforts to save endangered species at home and around the world.
Brought to you by your favorite St Louis Realtor
Tina Siebert 314-603-8555 TinaSellsStLouis@gmail.com
Barb Summers & Associates 314-644-1463 www.BarbSummers.com check out your next St Louis Home!