Celebrate all things game related at the March First Friday. Take part in open board game play, live action games and test video games created by local video game developers!
First Friday favorites like public telescope viewings, scifi trivia and special prices for OMNIMAX® films are a staple at every event. Tickets for the free episode showing are available starting at 6pm on the evening of the First Friday event and are distributed on a first come, first served basis.
First Friday activities such as our presentations, sci-fi trivia, 10pm sci-fi film, etc. are primarily designed for adults and recommended for audiences 16 years and older. Our public telescope viewings and free 7pm Planetarium show are recommended for all ages.
To Learn More Click Here!
March 6, 2015 – Welcome to Game On!
Unless otherwise noted, all activities are free. Free parking on First Fridays!
Dino Overlook (Main Building, First Floor)
Demos and Activities, 6 to 9pm
- Test your meddle as an ODST in the Halo simulator ride from Visionary Entertainment — Short performances at 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30pm.
- Demo prototypes of tabletop games developed by local designers.
- Make a trading card in our Maker Space, for our First Fridays TCG (Trading Card Game).
- See rare and collectible games from Gateway Geekfest.
- Test video games created by local video game developers.
- See what Griffin 3D is creating on their 3D printers.
Life Science Lab Classroom (Main Building, First Floor)
6-9pm Visit Youth Exploring Science (YES) Teens to try out games they have developed.
By Mr. T-Rex (Main Building, Lower Level)
Demos and Activities, 6 – 9pm
- Play a large scale Settlers of Catan presented by Game Nite & Arch Reactor!
- Join Game Nite to demo Warmachine, a tabletop miniatures war game.
- Join local trickmaster Zi for card tricks, sleight of hand, and neuroscience insights.
Center Stage (Main Building, Lower Level)
7pm Special Presentation: Play Can’t Stop with special guest Jay Moore!
AB Classroom (Main Building, Lower Level)
6-9pm Free-to-play Board Game Library presented by Geekway to the West!
May Hall (Main Building, Lower Level)
7:30pm Play Werewolf, a deduction party game of secret identities. Register early!
8:30pm Your second chance to play Werewolf! Space is limited – Register early!
The Loft (Main Building, Second Floor)
6-9pm Try riddles and puzzles with staff from UMSL’s Technology Learning Center.
Learn more about ARCHON, our region’s largest sci fi con.
Try hands-on activities with St. Louis Space Frontier and The Moon Society.
6:15pm Brain Teasers – Train your brain to find patterns. Hosted by Dr, Keith Miller, UMSL
7pm First Fridays’ Trivia (Free to play. Space is limited.)
8pm Brain Teasers – Try mathematically-inspired puzzles. Hosted by Dr. Keith Miller, UMSL
OMNIMAX® Theater (Main Building, Second Floor)
6:30pm Mysteries of the Unseen World($6; $5 for college students with valid ID)
7:30pm Humpback Whales ($6; $5 for college students with valid ID)
10pm WarGames (114 minutes, 1983)
James S. McDonnell Planetarium – all programs free unless otherwise noted
6-9pm Experience Flight at our flight simulators – $5 and $6
6-10pm Public Telescope Viewing (Archery Field – weather permitting)
7pm Planetarium Show: The Sky Tonight (Star Bay)
9pm Begin your MMORPG adventure with early episodes of The Guild.
Saint Louis Science Center
5050 Oakland Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63110