Delta Dental Mardi Gras @ St Louis Zoo
Sunday, February 15, 2015
11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bring the kids for the best family Mardi Gras celebration in town! The Zoo-style party is complete with mask-making, beads and grand finale parade.
Laissez les bons temps rouler!
(Let the good times roll!)
- Create your own unique mask of sequins, glitter and feathers in the Mardi Gras tradition.
- Mardi Gras beads for everyone!
- “Land of Smiles” performance at 11:30 a.m. in Anheuser Busch Theater in The Living World
- At 12:30 p.m., see a Punta San Juan WildCare Institute conservation video in Anheuser Busch Theater in The Living World.
- Keeper chat and enrichment for the takins at 1 p.m. in Red Rocks.
- Live music by North of the Quarter Band in Lakeside Cafe.
- Humboldt penguin keeper chat and enrichment activity presented by Prairie Farms Dairy at 1:30 p.m. outside of Penguin and Puffin Coast.
- “Movin’ All Around the Land of Smiles” activity performance at 2 p.m. in the lower level of The Living World building.
- At 3:00, join in the parade around the Zoo led by the Zoo’s costumed characters and Delta Dental costumed characters Tooth Wizard, PlaqueMan and Tooth Fairy.
Stroller and Wagon Float Contest
Turn your child’s wagon or stroller into a Mardi Gras parade float! Prizes will be awarded to the best float in the following categories: penguin, Mardi Gras and Delta Dental’s healthiest smile. Entry forms by mail, e-mail or fax must be submitted by Monday, February 2. Entry forms may also be submitted prior to the parade on Sunday, February 15 in Lakeside Cafe from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. See judging criteria, rules and registration.
Admission – Free!
Admission to the Zoo and Winter Zoo festivities is free. Activities and games are designed for kids 2-10. Children must be accompanied by an adult. No reservations are needed. The Zoo is open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sponsored by Delta Dental of Missouri, Prairie Farms Dairy and FM NewsTalk 97.1.
All-day parking is available on the Zoo’s North Lot on Government Drive and South Lot on Wells Drive. Limited street parking is available in Forest Park.
- Parking is $10 per vehicle through the off-peak season
- Limited parking for buses, motor homes and R.V.s on South Lot only is $20 during the off-peak season.
- Only cash and charge are accepted for parking payment. No bills over $20 will be accepted. ATMs are available inside both entrances.