Nightly, October 16-30, 2015
5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Come explore the Zoo after dark during the special Halloween evenings: Boo at the Zoo Nights! This non-scary, kid-friendly Halloween experience is filled with laughs and adventure. Children are encouraged to wear costumes. Children 12-and-under will receive a treat bag upon exiting. Boo at the Zoo Nights is not a trick-or-treating experience.
- $6/member; $7/non-member; children under 2 are free; $1 discount for children 2 to 12 in costume with on-site ticket purchases only (not available with online ticket purchases)
- Parking is free! Our treat. North and South Lots available each night.
- No reservations necessary.
- Purchase tickets online, by phone at (314) 646-4771, or at the door on night of the event. Discounts do not apply when purchasing tickets online or by phone.
- The Zoo’s wheelchair, stroller and ECV rental fees apply for this event.
Groups of 15 or more may receive a group rate of $6 per person by calling in advance. (Costume discount does not apply for group ticket purchases.) To order group tickets, call (314) 646-4718 or email email@example.com. Tickets must be ordered by 11 a.m. on the day of your visit.
Spooktacular Fun for Families
- Haunted Hollow with creepy caverns and sinister swamps beware!
- Float around the Zoo’s dramatically decorated grounds.
- Entering the Zoo could be tricky to do if you get caught in Master Weaver’s giant web!
- Double, double toil and trouble may await you when you’re lured by vocal witches.
- Flit and frolic in Fragile Forest Fairyland.
- Floating busts have many spooks to sing about!
- Follow slithering snakes on your way to the Herpetarium.
- Dance along to the pumpkin’s choral melody.
- Meander through the mystery straw maze.
- Make a creepy craft to take home at the Kid’s Craft Corner in Lakeside Cafe.
- Look hauntingly good as you stick your face into bodies of a ghost, Frankenstein or mummy for a spooky photo.
At the Charles H. Hoessle Herpetarium, catch sight of heroes in a half shell, observe frogs and toads maintaining their stealth camouflage, and practice your Parseltongue with the resident members of Slytherin.
Outdoors, near Caribbean Cove, you may chance a run-in with some furry and feathery critters from the Children’s Zoo!
Gather ’round the fire as storytellers like Terry Rantula spin wild tales about snakes, spiders and bats. Perhaps Grandmother Goose will share chronicles of other critters. Come wag your wild tails, gaze with your glowing eyes and perk up your listening ears as captivating animal stories are shared.
- Eerily draped in cobwebs, the Conservation Carousel will be transformed to the not-so-spooky “Scare-ou-sel.” (Additional fee $3/person. Note:Anywhere Plus Passes are valid at this event.)
Food and Souvenirs
- Taste what’s brewing at Lakeside Cafe
- Shop the Halloween boo-tique at Safari Gift Shop for souvenirs. Receive 10% (20% for members) off of any purchase.
This long-sleeve, white cotton shirt features an orangutan as Mario. Shirts are available for purchase online, at select Zoo gift shops or by phone at (314) 646-4771, while supplies last.
Free parking is available on the North and South Lots. Get detailed directions.
Because Boo at the Zoo is a family-friendly event with young children who might be frightened, visitors who are 13 or older in costume are not allowed unless they are accompanying children. Specifically, our policy requires no one over the age of 12 can be wearing a mask or otherwise have their face covered with face-painting, etc.